The Masked Singer final unmasks last three celebrities as winner confirmed

The Masked Singer final unmasks last three celebrities as winner confirmed

Postby dutchman » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:05 am

We don't want it to end

The Masked Singer UK series 3 finale night aired last night (February 12) and we finally got to see the final three celebrities unmasked.

After weeks of singing, VTs, dreadful Joel Dommett puns, clues, double eliminations and some absolutely bizarre guesses from the judges, we'd whittled it down to Robobunny, Mushroom and Panda. But who were behind the masks?

Panda was announced as the winner, taking off their mask to reveal 'Torn' singer Natalie Imbruglia.

"When I put the costume on, I just became Panda," she said. "One of the best compliments was when Mo said I was funny. I've never been funny before!"

Natalia had to keep talking in an American accent backstage and beyond so she could keep it up, while a compass missing an 'E' referred to her growing up in [N]ew [S]outh [W]ales.

Just missing out on the crown was Mushroom, revealed to be opera singer turned trance hitmaker turned 'Crazy Chick' legend Charlotte Church.

Her accents threw people, with many people thinking she was Michelle Keegan. "I grew up watching a lot of Corrie," she said.

Finishing in third place, we got to see that Robobunny was unmasked as none other than Westlife star Mark Feehily.

Mark revealed that he had a little control built into his costume to operate the rabbit in his costume – and an Easter egg in one of the QR codes on his costume during the series revealed the three years that Westlife sang at the Royal Variety Performance.

"The whole thing was a challenge but doing this has allowed time to explore my voice," he said.

Mark added that he was doing the show for his little one Layla, and hadn't even told his bandmates that he would be taking part.

"I had a confidence that I've never felt before in this suit, and I think I'll take that home with me, you know?" he added of his experience. "Thanks for having me, it's been an absolute pleasure."

Joss Stone, who won series 2 as Sausage, joined the panel as a guest tonight and made some decent guesses, especially considering it was her first time seeing these new characters.

Following Robobunny's performance of 'Run' by Snow Patrol/Leona Lewis, Joss guessed Ed Sheeran or Prince Harry.

After Panda sang 'Blank Space' by Taylor Swift, our reigning champ said Glee's Lea Michele, and following Mushroom's rendition of 'Flower Duet' by Léo Delibes, Joss went for Charlotte Church with her fellow judges (except for Davina, who said Sheridan Smith, the contrarian).

Last night also saw series 1 winner Nicola Roberts (Queen Bee), series 1 runner-up Jason Manford (Hedgehog), and series 2's Aston Merrygold (Robin) return to sing duets with Robobunny, Panda and Mushroom, respectively.

One of the show's bosses stated that they had to make the clues harder after the VT packages gave away previous year's contestants in the first week.

"We thought [collecting teapots] was a great clue and no-one would pick up on it," he said. "Turns out if you Google 'Denise Van Outen and teapots' it's there in loads of articles."

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)