The Masked Singer UK semi-final eliminates two more celebrities

The Masked Singer UK semi-final eliminates two more celebrities

Postby dutchman » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:05 am

Who's that behind the masks?

Guessing the famous identities with panelists Jonathan Ross, Rita Ora, Mo Gilligan and Davina McCall was none other than Dame Joan Collins, so it was a real treat all round, but whose time in this head-scratcher of a competition came to an end?

First up behind the Traffic Cone costume was classical singer Aled Jones, while Destiny's Child member Michelle Williams popped out from under Rockhopper a little later on.

"I've loved it and when will I ever dress like a cone again?" Aled shared during his post-reveal chinwag with presenter Joel Dommett.

Asked why he'd decided to take part in the show, the Welshman went on to reply: "Because it's so uplifting and when will I ever sing Rick Astley and 'The Piña Colada Song' again, you know."

Meanwhile, Michelle – who previously appeared on The Masked Singer US – admitted that she'd spent most of her time "cracking up" at all of the inaccurate guesses from the panel, while Mo couldn't believe he hadn't identified the American as he'd been listening to her music literally the day before.

"I've had a blast!" she told Joel before performing one last time.

In a post-show Q&A, Michelle also found time to give a shoutout to the crew working on The Masked Singer UK.

"I must commend the costume designer and all of the amazing folk that helped get me dressed for every performance. I know they worked very hard on all of the characters," she said.

"I had tonnes of fun hopping around and making noises backstage and onstage."

The Masked Singer airs on Saturday nights on ITV.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)