Dancing on Ice announces Phillip Schofield's replacement for this weekend's show

Dancing on Ice announces Phillip Schofield's replacement for this weekend's show

Postby dutchman » Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:43 pm

He tested positive for COVID this week

Dancing on Ice has revealed who will be hosting this weekend's episode in Phillip Schofield's stead.

The presenter is having to self-isolate following a positive COVID-19 test, meaning that Stephen Mulhern will be stepping in to host alongside Holly Willoughby.

Phil announced earlier in the week that he got a positive result on a lateral flow test, and had to step away from his This Morning duties this week as well. Alison Hammond took his place to host alongside Rochelle Humes while Holly was away filming Superstar Survival, but she returned yesterday to host alongside Josie Gibson.

At least it looks like no contestants are having to miss out on performing this week due to injury, after Rachel Stevens and Kye Whyte both had to sit out a show each previously. Bez tested positive for COVID as well, but wasn't set to perform on the week he had.

"I'm very much looking forward to being back hosting alongside my good friend Holly this weekend," Stephen said in a statement.

"It's big shoes to fill and I'm wishing Phillip a speedy recovery. I'm a big fan of Dancing on Ice and for one night only I'm thrilled to be rink side watching the action unfold. It's going to be unbelievable!"

Stephen and Holly used to host Ministry of Mayhem and Holly and Stephen's Saturday Showdown way back in the 2000s. He also hosted a Dancing on Ice companion show called Defrosted back in the day, and has occasionally presented on This Morning, but this is the first time Holly and Stephen have properly presented together for almost 16 years.

Dancing on Ice airs Sunday nights on ITV.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)