Dancing on Ice's Rachel Stevens pulls out of this weekend's show due to injury

Dancing on Ice's Rachel Stevens pulls out of this weekend's show due to injury

Postby dutchman » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:48 pm

The singer will return next week

Dancing on Ice's Rachel Stevens has pulled out of her debut this weekend (Sunday, January 23) due to an injury sustained in training.

The singer, who is paired with professional Brendyn Hatfield, suffered a fracture to her wrist after falling on the ice, ITV has confirmed.

"Due to an injury sustained in training and on the expert advice from the Dancing on Ice medical professionals, Rachel Stevens will not skate in this Sunday's show," a show spokesperson said. "We look forward to her returning to the show next weekend."

As mentioned, Stevens is due to return to the rink in week three of the series, which will air on Sunday, January 30.

The news comes after fellow contestant Bez confirmed he had tested positive for COVID-19 and will be "missing training" while he goes into isolation. However, as he has already made his live debut, he won't be missing any shows.

"I've had a positive test," he said. "I'm gutted because I'm going to be missing training, but I'm looking forward to skating on the show again for week three."

Bez then added: "I'll be tuning [in] at home and cheering on my mates who are skating this weekend."

An ITV spokesperson said: "We have stringent protocols in place to ensure the health and safety of all our contributors and staff which are routinely monitored and updated to reflect the current guidelines."

In other Dancing on Ice news, new judge Oti Mabuse has addressed concerns around her busy schedule and her Strictly Come Dancing future, saying she "will fit everything in".

She also admitted she "didn't know yet" about Strictly, adding: "There will be an announcement made officially by Strictly, but not just about me, by the way. It's about all the pros, and there is a process and a protocol to follow."

Dancing on Ice airs on ITV.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)