Strictly Come Dancing announces winner of 2021 Christmas special

Strictly Come Dancing announces winner of 2021 Christmas special

Postby dutchman » Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:54 pm

Who took home the special silver star glitterball?

Strictly Come Dancing has put on another joyous Christmas special.

And this year saw pop star Anne-Marie crowned the winner, taking home the special silver star trophy.

The singer was partnered with Graziano Di Prima, and the pair performed a Cha Cha to Gwen Stefani's cover of 'Feliz Navidad'.

It earned them top points from the judges with Motsi Mabuse, Shirley Ballas, Craig Revel Horwood and Anton Du Beke each scoring them a 10.

After lifting the trophy, Anne-Marie said to the BBC: "I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!!! I'm so proud and so happy for this opportunity to dance. It brought out a side of me I hadn't seen in a long time.

"Thanks to Graz and the whole team. You have made my Christmas so special!"

The judges' scores and studio audience votes were combined to work out the winner.

Anne-Marie was joint at the top of the judges' leaderboard with former Great British Bake Off host Mel Giedroyc.

She was partnered with Neil Jones, and the pair also got a perfect score for their Couples Choice to 'Ice Ice Baby' by Vanilla Ice.

First Dates star Fred Sirieix and Dianne Buswell performed a Quickstep to 'Merry Christmas Everyone' by Shakin' Stevens, and earning a mark of 38.

The Repair Shop's Jay Blades also took part, performing a Jive to the Only Fools and Horses theme tune 'Hooky Street' with Luba Mushtuk. Their routine earned them 34 points.

Legendary newsreader Moira Stuart also took to the floor alongside Aljaž Škorjanec, earning 33 points for their salsa to the Justin Bieber version of 'Santa Claus is Coming to Town'.

Former The One Show host Adrian Chiles and new pro Jowita Przystał also earned 33 points for their performed an American Smooth to 'White Christmas' by Otis Redding.

The Strictly Come Dancing Christmas special is available to watch on BBC iPlayer.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)