Celebrity MasterChef Christmas Cook-Off crowns its first winner

Celebrity MasterChef Christmas Cook-Off crowns its first winner

Postby dutchman » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:46 pm

"I am overwhelmed, it is a beautiful feeling"

Celebrity MasterChef Christmas Cook-Off awarded the first of two Golden Whisk trophies to Strictly Come Dancing and Loose Women favourite Judi Love tonight (December 21).

Fending off competition from the likes of ex-footballer Neil Ruddock, Strictly pro Oti Mabuse, reality TV sensation Joey Essex and BAFTA-winning actress Su Pollard, Judi delivered a standout festive menu that had Gregg Wallace and John Torode salivating.

Alongside the famous invention test, which saw the celebrities create a dish using ingredients found in a season advent calendar, Judi cooked up her victory with a Christmas-themed menu.

Her Caribbean Christmas dinner included jerk-seasoned rolled turkey breast, parsnip purée, stuffing, carrots, roast potatoes, crispy turkey skin and a cranberry and scotch bonnet chilli jam. For dessert, Judi presented a Jamaican Christmas Black Cake with a sorrel sauce and a stout and rum punch ice cream.

"Nothing short of fantastic!" Gregg said of her main course, while John Torode insisted her dessert was a complete success too, adding: "I love it!"

Reacting to her victory, Judi shared: "Bring on the prosecco and let's start this party! I am so excited my kids and family are going to be so happy. I am overwhelmed, it is a beautiful feeling and has made my Christmas."

"Judi put a whole lot of love into her two dishes," said Gregg in his reflection piece. "She is a fun joyous cook who took familiar Christmas ingredients and added Caribbean sunshine to it. It was a real winning formula, it was outstanding."

John added: "Judi kept the heart and the soul of the world she has grown up with in her dishes and she made them fantastic. Good on her."

Celebrity MasterChef Christmas Cook-Off continues on Thursday, December 23 at 8pm BBC One.

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Celebrity MasterChef Christmas Cook-Off crowns its first winner

Postby dutchman » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:48 pm

That was Su Pollard? :shock:

I honestly thought it was Jenny Eclaire! I thought "Christ, she's aged!" :oops:
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)