Strictly Come Dancing announces this year's three finalists

Strictly Come Dancing announces this year's three finalists

Postby dutchman » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:04 pm

It was one of the most "amazing dance-offs I've ever witnessed"

Strictly Come Dancing has officially revealed the three celebrities heading into next weekend's big final, after saying goodbye to Rhys Stephenson.

Rhys and Nancy Xu were up against John Whaite and his partner Johannes Radebe in tonight's (December 12) dreaded dance-off, one that no one wants to be in for the semi-final.

However, ultimately, the judges chose to save John and Johannes, leaving them alongside AJ and Kai and Rose and Giovanni to hit the dancefloor in the Strictly Come Dancing final 2021 next Saturday.

The judges found this dance off the toughest one yet, with Craig Revel Horwood said he'd like to have seen them both in the dance off, calling it one of the most "amazing dance offs I've ever witnessed". Praise indeed.

"In all the years I've been doing the show since 2004, I really do not want to make this decision tonight. This has been one of the most amazing dance offs I've ever witnessed.

"Both couples are equal and both couples deserve to go through and I just want to put both couples through. I know I'm not allowed to do that so I have to choose. I'm going on the technical side and it's to do with clean finishes. I'd like to put through to the final John and Johannes."

Motsi Mabuse said: "Well, I think both couples deserve to stay in the competition but that is not how it works. For me this was a very difficult decision, but I'm going to save John and Johannes."

Anton Du Beke also found the decision tough: "Like Motsi and Craig, I'd have you both in the final quite frankly. Rhys came out and danced and I thought that would do for me. John came out and I thought, here we go.

"But then, you've just got to look at it and go, OK what do I like? For me tonight, in such an even contest, my nod goes to John and Johannes."

Head Judge Shirley Ballas also revealed her decision would have matched her fellow judges' should it have come to a deadlock.

Rhys praised Nancy for "letting my energy shine" and thanked her for being "everything I needed to get through this".

"I might not have gotten to the final but I learnt so much from just being on this show, from everyone here who's just supported us in this new family. To have the time to spend with this champion of a dancer [Nancy] who's put so much into me.

"Thank you for just letting my energy shine. Thank you for being that partner. I should use your actual name, which is Xu YouJie. Thank you so much Nancy Xu YouJie, for just being there, being my rock and everything I needed to get through this."

Strictly Come Dancing 2021 finale airs next Saturday, December 18 at 7pm on BBC One.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)