Great British Bake Off 2021 crowns winner after intense finale

Great British Bake Off 2021 crowns winner after intense finale

Postby dutchman » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:24 pm

Is it Chigs, Crystelle or Giuseppe?

This year's Great British Bake Off winner has been revealed to be Giuseppe Dell'Anno.

The Italian baker was victorious in a gruelling finale on Tuesday night (November 23) over fellow finalists Chigs Parmar and Crystelle Pereira that challenged them to make Carrot Cake, Belgian Buns and a Mad Hatter's Tea Party Showstopper.

Judges Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith conferred over the hardest decision they've ever had to make in the tent, before announcing Giuseppe was the ultimate Star Baker of 2021!

"There are no words, I am speechless for once," he said. "All I can think of is the reaction from my mum and dad. The fact is that everything I have done to deserve this comes from his heritage, it's the best thank you note I can possibly send him.

"He is going through a very bad time healthwise, so I think this is going to be a great boost. I don't say often or lightly that I am proud of what I do, but in this case I am really proud of what I have done. It's unbelievable!"

The baker then joked that his Bake Off win cemented "a great year for Italy", following the country's Eurovision victory and its win over England in the Euros 2020 this past summer.

Following his victory, Giuseppe spoke about how memorable it had been to bake with Chigs and Crystelle one final time after an eventful series.

"Going into the tent with Chigs and Crystelle for the last time was a very special moment," he explained. "I think we were all so close technically as bakers, so it was more down to someone doing something wrong, rather than doing it right.

"This sounds corny but I would have been equally happy if either of those had won, they are phenomenal bakers and so clever. They really deserved to be finalists."

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)