Strictly Come Dancing announces eighth celebrity elimination

Strictly Come Dancing announces eighth celebrity elimination

Postby dutchman » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:27 pm

It's that time of the week again

Strictly Come Dancing has announced the eighth celebrity to be eliminated from the show.

McFly's Tom Fletcher has now danced his last dance on the Strictly floor with his partner, Amy Dowden, after facing Rhys Stephenson and his partner Nancy Xu in this week's dance-off.

Tom and Amy, who have exited in Musicals Week, performed their Couples' Choice routine to 'On My Own' from Les Misérables, but the second performance of it failed to impress the judges.

Award-winning singer and actress Cynthia Erivo, who was replacing Craig Revel Horwood this week after he tested positive for COVID-19, said there was an "edge" to Rhys and Nancy's routine.

"This was really tough, I think both couples did such a beautiful job, but there was just an edge in this couple's dance," Cynthia said. "I really enjoyed it, thank you both for doing what you did, but Rhys and Nancy I choose you."

Motsi Mabuse also chose to save Rhys and Nancy

"Well I think this was so tough, I mean the toughest I have seen since I've been here. But there was a clear fighter. I did feel that Rhys and Nancy just put on another extra level so I'm going to save Rhys and Nancy."

Anton also agreed: "I agree with the other judges, it was an outstanding dance-off. On Saturday night Rhys made a slight mistake and Tom didn't really fulfil his potential in the dance. Tonight, both couples danced exquisitely but just a very slight edge goes to Rhys and Nancy."

Head judge Shirley Ballas revealed she would have actually saved Tom and Amy.

Tom said he has "loved every second" of being on Strictly and was "gutted" to be leaving.

"Honestly I've had the best time, I've loved every second of it. I've made the best friend in Amy, you've been amazing, thank you so much for teaching me how to dance, I know it was a struggle at times.

He added: "It's an amazing show, everyone that works on it, all of you guys have been amazing, I've loved getting to know you. Thank you so much, it's been the best experience and I don't regret a single minute of it, so thank you everyone so much.

"I'm gutted to leave."

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Strictly Come Dancing announces eighth celebrity elimination

Postby dutchman » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:29 pm

Most independent online polls had Tilly Ramsay in the bottom two but the judges placed her top which shows just how crooked the voting is. :roll:
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)