Strictly Come Dancing announces guest judge replacing Craig Revel Horwood

Strictly Come Dancing announces guest judge replacing Craig Revel Horwood

Postby dutchman » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:51 pm

It's the first time he's missed a show

Strictly Come Dancing has announced a guest judge will replace Craig Revel Horwood, who is missing the show for the first time since its inception.

The Australian-British ballroom dancer tested positive for COVID-19 earlier this week and will be missing Musicals Week tomorrow night (November 20).

Award-winning singer and actress Cynthia Erivo will feature as guest judge, stepping in for Horwood as he self-isolates. She will join Motsi Mabuse, Anton Du Beke and head judge Shirley Ballas on the judging panel.

The London-born star seems the perfect fit for this particular week. After featuring in several international theatre productions – including Broadway's The Colour Purple and the Sister Act UK tour – Erivo has recently been cast in the upcoming cinematic adaptation of beloved musical Wicked alongside Ariana Grande.

"I'm so delighted to be joining the Strictly judging panel for Musicals Week. Musicals have a unique place in my heart, it's such a special way of connecting all art and making it one," Erivo said in a statement.

"I'm excited to bring my experience to the show and I can't wait to see what the couples have in store this weekend," she added.

As for Horwood, he should be back for the next week after following government guidelines concerning COVID-19.

"While Craig will not be taking part in Strictly Come Dancing this weekend, all being well he will return the following week," a spokesperson said in a statement released on November 15.

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Strictly Come Dancing announces guest judge replacing Craig Revel Horwood

Postby dutchman » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:53 pm

In what way is she qualified to judge a DANCING competition? :roll:

(Not that it matters as the judges are told who to vote for by the BBC)
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)