Strictly Come Dancing couple earn first perfect score of the series

Strictly Come Dancing couple earn first perfect score of the series

Postby dutchman » Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:08 am

A substantial step towards that Glitterball trophy

Strictly Come Dancing contenders Rose Ayling-Ellis and Giovanni Pernice smashed the score chart tonight (October 30) with a resounding 40.

For Halloween Week, the couple used Ed Sheeran hit 'Shivers' as an accompaniment to their Tango, but it wasn't just Rose's ice queen costume catching the judges' attention.

That's right, Shirley Ballas, Craig Revel Horwood, Anton Du Beke and Motsi Mabuse were spellbound by technically the most perfect performance of the series so far.

"I've written a few things down here, and they all basically say 'perfect'," revealed The Riddler-styled Anton before congratulating them both.

Motsi, dressed as Disney's Maleficent, followed that up with: "Rose, you know I've been sitting here judging for 14 years, I've seen a couple of numbers but this one will remain epic. Your acting skills, the way you two dance together, the technique in the dance... I mean this was out of this world!"

Head judge Shirley, oozing Black Swan darkness, said of Rose's technique: "You are absolutely brilliant. But one of the best parts of that whole Tango is how you keep your body closed and open your head to the right.

"And that little extra shoulder that went in and that little bit of breath here and there."

Impressing the judges in unanimous fashion, Rose and Giovanni earned this year's first full marks with four 10s.

Further to that, never before has a Strictly panel of four handed out a score of 40 so early in the competition – is their victory written in the stars?

Strictly Come Dancing 2021 airs on Saturday nights on BBC One, with results shows every Sunday. Strictly: It Takes Two airs on weeknights at 6.30pm on BBC Two.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)