Strictly Come Dancing announces third celebrity elimination

Strictly Come Dancing announces third celebrity elimination

Postby dutchman » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:08 pm

The Glitterball is officially out of their reach

Tonight's Strictly Come Dancing results show saw Greg Wise leave the competition, after the judges preferred his competitor's dance routine.

The results show dance-off saw Wise and his professional dance partner Karen Hauer face off against Judi Love and her partner Graziano di Prima, after the judges' scores and viewer votes were combined.

This week marked the second time that Love found herself in the bottom two this series, with Katie McGlynn being sent home last week after she competed against the Loose Women star.

The judges opted to save Love once again after the dance-off, ending Wise's time on Strictly.

Craig Revel Horwood said, "Well, the judges have been given this opportunity to save the better dancer, and for me, tonight, the better dancer – Judi, and Graziano." Motsi agreed, saying, "I feel like both couples made mistakes... but I do feel that one couple recovered a little bit better with the situation, so I'm going to save Judi and Graziano."

Anton explained his decision by saying, "Well, I felt that the nerves got to both couples in the dance off, which is not surprising really, and they both made quite a lot of mistakes. But the couple who sort of maintained an element of composure through the dance, and who were slightly better, I thought, were Judi and Graziano."

Although it wouldn't have made a difference to the result tonight Shirley was also asked who she would have saved – and on the basis of the dance-off performances, she would have voted to save Greg and Karen.

Wise and Hauer performed a Samba to 'Macarena' by Los Del Rio in last night's show, which left them bottom of the judges' leaderboard with only 19 points – leading to speculation that the duo might be at risk of elimination.

"I want to do the dance properly – I messed it up hugely," said Greg on learning that he and Karen were in the dance-off. On Saturday's show, he was open with the judges about feeling "very nervous" during his performance as they gave their critiques.

On learning that they would be leaving the competition, Greg said "I've had an amazing time. I feel unbelievably privileged, so thank you all for having me." and when host Tess Daly asked if he intends to continue dancing, he said yes – he would!

Karen was full of praise for her partner, saying "It's been a blast. Thank you for the amazing lunches! (Greg joked "I know! They're going to stop now!")

"Thank you so much for the quality of work, and just for being amazing, an amazing student. I really enjoyed our moments in the classroom and just having fun with you. Thank you. I've really enjoyed it. I hope you have too."

Strictly Come Dancing 2021 continues on Saturday (October 23) on BBC One.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)