Strictly Come Dancing announces second celebrity elimination

Strictly Come Dancing announces second celebrity elimination

Postby dutchman » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:20 pm

They're out of the running for the coveted Glitterball

In tonight's episode of Strictly Come Dancing, Katie McGlynn left the show after the judges chose to save Judi Love and her partner Graziano di Prima instead.

During Movie Week, the show opened with a period drama-inspired dance from the Strictly professionals, with the remaining couples performing movie-inspired performances to impress the judges.

McGlynn competed with her partner Gorka Marquez and faced off against Judi Love and Graziano in the dance off. McGlynn performed an American Smooth routine to the song Cruella De Vil from the Disney film Cruella while Love performed a Charleston to When You're Good to Mama from Chicago.

The judges chose to save Judi and Graziano instead of Katie and Gorka. Only Anton Du Beke opted to save the latter, saying: "I thought that both the couples danced very very well... I just felt that one couple was cleaner than the other."

Judges Craig Revel Horwood said Judi and Graziano "shone brighter in the performance" while Motsi Mabuse said their routine was "more dance intensive."

Head Judge Shirley Ballas said: "Both couples gave it their very very best, I didn't see any mistakes from either one, both beautiful performances. I am going to go with the one that I felt had more edge and more rhythm to me, so I am going to go with Judi and Graziano."

McGlynn is the second celebrity to leave the show. She said, "I have absolutely loved my time, I am so happy I got to be Cruella and dance with this amazing guy. I have loved every second of it."

Tonight's results show began with a dance from the Strictly professionals, which was inspired by the 2021 movie musical In The Heights, by Lin Manuel Miranda. Actor Ben Platt also made an appearance to perform You Will Be Found from his film Dear Evan Hansen.

The remaining 13 couples will continue competing on Strictly next week.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)