Dancing on Ice confirms five more celebrities including Rachel Stevens...

Dancing on Ice confirms five more celebrities including Rachel Stevens...

Postby dutchman » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:34 pm

A host of new stars are getting their skates on

Dancing on Ice has announced five more celebrities set to take part in the upcoming 2022 series.

The latest addition to the lineup is former S Club 7 star Rachel Stevens, who said that she's "so excited" to be taking part in the show.

"The opportunity came up and I thought, 'What an amazing opportunity to learn a new skill'," Rachel told Dancing on Ice co-hosts Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield on This Morning.

"I love the whole idea of working with a team and your partner and also for my girls to be a part of this. They are at an age now where they love all the costumes."

In 2008, Rachel was the runner-up in Strictly Come Dancing. However, she described her skating skills as "very wobbly".

"I did it when I was 10 and dabbled in it for a little bit and I really loved it," she said.

First to be unveiled today (October 5) was Paralympic medallist Stef Reid, who was confirmed to be taking to the ice rink on Good Morning Britain.

"I have some really exciting news," she said on the morning show. "I'm going to be picking up a new sport this winter and it comes with a little bit of showbiz. I'm going to be a contestant on Dancing on Ice and it's a little bit scary but I cannot wait!"

Following on from that, it was revealed that Love Island 2021 star Liberty Poole, rugby player Ben Foden, and singer and dancer Regan Gascoigne – son of football legend Paul Gascoigne – will also be contestants.

"I grew up watching Dancing on Ice and my mum actually used to be a figure skater," Liberty said.

"I ice skate as a hobby sometimes so I can get around the rink but I can't do any tricks, no pirouetting or anything, so I'm really looking forward to pushing myself and learning as much as I possibly can. Not just skating around the ice but actually dancing on ice. Bring it on!"

Ben added: "I used to skate a little when I was a kid. I'd go to ice discos when I was 15, 16 (years old) and you'd always see these kids that could do pirouettes that had a proper dancing background.

"I like the idea of learning a new sport and a new skill. I'm quite competitive as well so I like the challenge of competing against others doing something that I'm not necessarily good at!"

"Obviously I dance and love dancing but it's the skill of this," Regan said. "I've always wanted to do it. Always! Ever since I was a kid!"

The latest names follow the news that Coronation Street star Sally Dynevor and Happy Mondays' Bez will also be taking part.

Revealing her involvement on Lorraine yesterday, Sally admitted it was a "massive challenge", adding: "I'm not getting any younger. I've just got to take every opportunity I get so that when I'm old, I can say, 'You know what? I gave it a go'."

Bez later said on This Morning: "At the moment, it's more like Bambi on Ice, not Dancing on Ice. How I got picked, I don't know, because I was absolutely awful at the audition. But they must have seen some potential in me!"

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)