Strictly Come Dancing's Shirley Ballas hints she may leave the show

Strictly Come Dancing's Shirley Ballas hints she may leave the show

Postby dutchman » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:47 pm

She's been a part of the show since 2017

Strictly Come Dancing head judge Shirley Ballas isn't sure how long she'll continue on the panel for.

Introduced as Len Goodman's replacement back in 2017, Ballas has become a major player in the Strictly family, but she wants to keep her options open going forward.

Chatting to the My Wardrobe Malfunction podcast (via The Mirror), the 'Queen of Latin' expressed how her personal life may prize her away from the show eventually.

"I don't think I will ever be settled," she began. "My heart is torn because my son lives in Los Angeles with his beautiful wife and I know they are going to start a family at some point.

"So do I want to be a part of those children's lives? Of course I do. So it is just figuring out, am I here for the run of Strictly? Shall I spend some more time there? How do I balance it with everything that's going on?

"It is all balance. I am not one who feels: 'Oh this is my armchair and this is how it is going to be for the next 10 years' and that is what makes my life exciting."

Ballas further pondered: "I don't really know. Will I keep this job next year? Will I move back to America? Will my grandchildren dance? Is my son coming over? It is difficult."

Meanwhile, the 61-year-old also went on to address her judging style, noting: "I am not someone who is all mouth. I know how they feel and when things go wrong. I want to see how you get it going and re-pick it back up.

"Everybody is different in the way they judge and I have my own system."

Strictly Come Dancing returns next Saturday (September 25) on BBC One.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)