Strictly Come Dancing confirms 15th and final celebrity for 2021 series...

Strictly Come Dancing confirms 15th and final celebrity for 2021 series...

Postby dutchman » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:10 pm

A rugby champion rounds off the series

Strictly Come Dancing has unveiled Ugo Monye as the final celebrity for the 2021 series.

The BBC dancing show confirmed that the rugby star would be the 15th contestant during The Lateish Show with Mo Gilligan on Friday night (August 13).

The 38-year-old athlete started his career in 2002, eventually winning a Premiership title and making 241 appearances for the Harlequins. He also played for the England team and, since stepping off the pitch, has become one of the new captains on A Question of Sport.

"What a dream come true," he said. "Strictly is the biggest entertainment show on TV and I can't wait to show everyone I've got more than just dad dancing moves.

"My two beautiful daughters never had a chance to see me on the rugby pitch, so to know they can watch me waltzing and twirling every week is really special to me. I love an outfit at the best of times, so bring on the sequins!”

Earlier on Friday, the BBC confirmed that Olympic swimmer Adam Peaty and Loose Women's Judi Love would be the 13th and 14th contestants to join Strictly respectively.

The rest of the line-up for the 2021 Strictly Come Dancing series includes TV presenters AJ Odudu and Dan Walker, actor Greg Wise, Bake Off winner John Whaite, Hollyoaks star Katie McGlynn, ex-EastEnders actress Nina Wadia and CBBC's Rhys Stephenson.

Rounding off the cast will be comic Robert Webb, EastEnders star Rose Ayling-Ellis, Dragons' Den investor Sara Davies, chef Tilly Ramsay and McFly's Tom Fletcher.

Anton du Beke will join the judging panel this year alongside Shirley Ballas, Craig Revel Horwood and Motsi Mabuse, while Janette Manrara leaves the pro ranks to co-present spinoff show Strictly: It Takes Two.

Strictly Come Dancing airs on BBC One. It's due to return later in 2021.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)