Strictly Come Dancing confirms another EastEnders star as the 12th celebrity...

Strictly Come Dancing confirms another EastEnders star as the 12th celebrity...

Postby dutchman » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:51 pm

Rose Ayling-Ellis is making history for the deaf community

The BBC confirmed Thursday night (August 12) that Rose Ayling-Ellis – who plays Mick Carter's daughter Frankie Lewis in the soap – is the 12th celebrity to join the cast this year.

Ayling-Ellis will make history on Strictly Come Dancing by bringing long-awaited representation for the deaf community on the BBC dancing series.

"To be the first deaf contestant on Strictly Come Dancing is sooooo exciting... and a little bit scary," she said. "It is the hardest secret I have ever had to keep so it feels amazing to finally have this out in the open!

"I hope I will do the deaf community proud and break down more barriers. But I am also very excited to learn an incredible new skill and even better I get to learn whilst wearing beautiful dresses made especially for me!”

She also wrote on Instagram: "If you had told me one year ago that I would be on Strictly Come Dancing, I would have laughed in your face! I am still pinching myself, it doesn't seem real. I am so, so, so, so excited to be a part of Strictly family this year and I cannot wait to meet everyone else.

"Bring on the glitter, the glam and the magic of Strictly and I promise I will try my very, very best!"

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)