Strictly Come Dancing confirms seventh and eighth celebrities joining 2021 line-up...

Strictly Come Dancing confirms seventh and eighth celebrities joining 2021 line-up...

Postby dutchman » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:15 pm

Two familiar faces join the new series

Strictly Come Dancing has confirmed Katie McGlynn and Dan Walker as the latest celebrities to join the 2021 line-up.

Announced on today's (August 10) BBC Breakfast, the Hollyoaks and former Coronation Street star said she was "super excited" to be joining the line-up, before the show added a twist by revealing the Breakfast star as well.

"I'm nervous to see what people are going to think, because I'm not a dancer," Katie admitted. "I've always admired dancers, they're incredible at what they do. I think secretly I've always wanted to be one."

Katie added to the BBC: "It's been so hard keeping it a secret, but I can finally say that I'm getting ready to shake my shimmy and become part of the Strictly family!

"I'm really not a dancer, but I'm so excited to learn a new skill on this crazy journey and cannot wait to slip into some sequins along the way.

"Although I do get to have so much fun as an actress, a lot of my roles have involved quite serious and challenging storylines, so I'm fully ready to let my hair down and do something different, even if it is completely outside of my comfort zone.

"I can't promise that I'll be the best, but I'm going to give it 110% on the dance floor! As long as I don't fall over I'll be happy."

The show then added another surprise by revealing that their own Dan would be joining the Strictly line-up too.

"I'm one of those people, I've danced at three weddings, two school discos," he joked. "I'm enjoying the experience of actually being able to learn to dance, have a bit of fun... we'll see what happens.

"I'm not making any room on our shelves in our house for the Glitterball."

Katie and Dan join a stellar line-up so far, with the other announced celebrities being Dragons' Den star Sara Davies, CBBC presenter Rhys Stephenson, McFly star Tom Fletcher, Peep Show's Robert Webb, and TV presenter AJ Odudu, while Great British Bake Off winner John Whaite will take part in the show's first male same-sex partnership.

Strictly Come Dancing airs on BBC One. It's due to return later in 2021.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)