Strictly Come Dancing 2021 announces sixth celebrity joining line-up...

Strictly Come Dancing 2021 announces sixth celebrity joining line-up...

Postby dutchman » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:58 pm

Who's heading for the dancefloor?

Strictly Come Dancing has added yet another celebrity to its 2021 line-up.

It was announced on Good Morning Britain on Monday (August 9), that Sara Davies would be heading to the dancefloor.

The Dragons Den star said it's always been something she's wanted to do.

"It always felt like a pipe dream until I joined the Dragons Den panel because Deborah [Meaden] had done it," she said.

"She would talk about it and I thought, 'I could!' but I didn't dare to dream – but I did hope one day maybe.

"I'm really good when I've had a few drinks on a Saturday night," she added of her dance experience. "In my head I think I'll be really good but the reality might be quite different."

She also added that while specifics are still to be confirmed, it sounds like Strictly may be able to welcome "a small" studio audience this year, "perhaps family bubbles".

Sara added to the BBC: "My Mam and Dad are going to be so excited.

"I'm really nervous because so far the producers keep asking me if I can dance. Truth be told – I haven't got a clue! I've not danced since I did ballet lessons when I was little.

"The business world has taught me that tenacity, drive and determination deliver results, I hope that I can bring that to the dancefloor.

"And I'm excited to see the impact of all those hours of training on my mum tum!"

Strictly's celeb lineup so far this year also includes CBBC presenter Rhys Stephenson, who shared his delight at joining the show.

"I am BUZZING to be a part of Strictly Come Dancing 2021. I have dreamt about being on this show, and I know for a fact that it is going to exceed every expectation," he said.

"I cannot wait to experience it all: the costumes, the orchestra, even Craig's glare! I am READY!"

Rhys will be joining author and musician Tom Fletcher, Peep Show's Robert Webb, and TV presenter AJ Odudu when Strictly returns this autumn.

Strictly Come Dancing airs on BBC One. It's due to return later in 2021.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)