CBBC presenter is confirmed as fifth celebrity to join Strictly Come Dancing 2021 line-up...

CBBC presenter is confirmed as fifth celebrity to join Strictly Come Dancing 2021 line-up...

Postby dutchman » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:41 pm

Keeeeep adding those celebrities!

Strictly Come Dancing 2021 has added yet another familiar face to its line-up – and they're part of the BBC family.

Following an announcement on Newsround this morning (August 6), presenter Rhys Stephenson has been confirmed as the latest celebrity heading to the dancefloor.

Rhys, a staple of children's channel CBBC, said that he was "buzzing" to a part of the new series, which is expected to air later this year.

He's even looking forward to meeting Craig Revel Horwood.

"I am BUZZING to be a part of Strictly Come Dancing 2021. I have dreamt about being on this show, and I know for a fact that it is going to exceed every expectation," he said.

"I cannot wait to experience it all: the costumes, the orchestra, even Craig's glare! I am READY!"

If you don't recognise Rhys, there's every chance your children will, as the actor and presenter has fronted the likes of Blue Peter and Saturday Mash-Up!, as well as The Dengineers and Newsround.

Rhys will be slipping into some sequins along with author and musician Tom Fletcher, Peep Show's Robert Webb, and TV presenter AJ Odudu when Strictly returns this autumn.

The beloved dance competition will also feature a series first, with former Great British Bake Off champion John Whaite set to take part in the show's first male same-sex partnership.

Strictly Come Dancing airs on BBC One. It's due to return later in 2021.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)