Strictly Come Dancing announces first three celebrities joining 2021 line-up...

Strictly Come Dancing announces first three celebrities joining 2021 line-up...

Postby dutchman » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:15 pm

A new series is almost upon us!

The 2021 series of Strictly Come Dancing is officially underway, with the first three names joining the line-up being announced.

It was announced on The One Show on Wednesday (August 3) that McFly's Tom Fletcher, comedian Robert Webb and TV presenter AJ Odudu will be heading to the ballroom later this year.

Fletcher's boyband has sold over 2 million albums, and he has written songs for One Direction, Busted, the Vamps and 5 Seconds of Summer. His wife Giovanna is also the reigning Queen of the Jungle on I'm a Celebrity!

"I'm equal parts excited and terrified," he admitted. "I feel naked without a guitar."

The rocker also said: "I think the fact that I’m actually going to be dancing on Strictly this year has only just started to sink in while I’m writing this! I’m incredibly excited, of course, but also totally terrified! My kids were excited too until I started showing them my best dad-dancing in the kitchen. I’m not sure how far they’ll get me in the competition but I can’t wait to add some new moves to my embarrassing dad-dancing repertoire."

Fletcher is following in his bandmate Harry Judd's footsteps on the dancing show, after Judd won the 2011 series of Strictly Come Dancing.

Peep Show star Robert Webb comes to the ballroom after making viewers laugh in shows Back and Fresh Meat, and in his double act with David Mitchell.

"It's very, very exciting, but with a slight undertone of quivering terror," he admitted on The One Show of joining Strictly Come Dancing.

He added: "I am ludicrously excited to be taking part in Strictly this year. It’s a big, generous, joyful show and I can’t wait to get packed into a spandex onesie and fired from a glitter cannon directly at Claudia Winkleman.

"At least I think that’s what happens. My goal is to try and survive from week to week without causing serious injury to myself or innocent bystanders. I know it’s going to be a challenge. To do well in this competition is a test of character, although mainly it’s a test of dancing."

Rounding out the first trio of contestants is veteran TV presenter AJ Odudu, perhaps best known for fronting The Voice UK and Big Brother's Bit on the Side alongside Strictly: It Takes Two co-host Rylan Clark-Neal.

Revealing one family member was just learning the news along with the nation, AJ declared: "The secret is out at last. Surprise, mum... This is favourite child status vibes right here!"

The star also shared: "I am beyond chuffed that I am going to be on this year’s Strictly Come Dancing and I'm so glad I can finally tell my mum. Her face will be a picture, she’s going to be over the moon! I absolutely love the show and am fully committed to making the most of every second of the Strictly experience. Bring it on!"

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)