Maureen Lipman walked off Celebrity Gogglebox...

Maureen Lipman walked off Celebrity Gogglebox...

Postby dutchman » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:45 am

"So I thought, 'Well, actually, no, life is too short'"

Coronation Street star Dame Maureen Lipman has returned once again for the new series of Celebrity Gogglebox.

But it seems like the TV and theatre legend wasn't happy with some of the shows the participants are asked to watch in the name of entertainment.

Maureen admitted she walked out of filming after watching controversial dating series Naked Attraction.

"They're not really interested in our opinions on what they're giving us," she told Radio Times.

"I'd seen Gogglebox and I thought, 'Oh, [ours] is the grown-up version, is it?' But it's your reaction to 12 dangling willies they want.

"They're searching for ways to make me go, 'Urgh!' So I thought, 'Well, actually, no, life is too short to watch a series of hopeless men dangle their bits and pieces in my direction. So I'm going.'"

Maureen previously added to This Morning that she felt she had her witty lines cut from the show while appearing with friend Gyles Brandreth.

"I thought that I was going into something where I was going to be a sort of female Will Self and I was going to comment on people," she said.

"I didn't realise they were just going to show us lots and lots of mens' bits.

"We say really witty things and it all gets cut in favour of us going, 'Ew!' and 'What's that? Oh, I didn't realise people were growing aubergines like that!'"

Gyles and Maureen have been joined this series by a number of fan favourites including Lorraine Kelly and her daughter Rosie, Martin and Roman Kemp, and The Voice UK judges Sir Tom Jones and Anne-Marie.

This Morning presenting duo, and real-life husband and wife, Eamonn Holmes and Ruth Langsford are also back on the show for the new series, along with Love Island's married hosting duo Laura Whitmore and Iain Stirling.

Celebrity Gogglebox continues next Friday (June 11) on Channel 4 at 9pm.

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Maureen Lipman walked off Celebrity Gogglebox...

Postby dutchman » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:47 am

I find it amusing the kiddie-reporter who wrote this article thinks that Coronation Street is the only thing Maureen Lipman has ever done before! :clown:
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)