Dancing on Ice professional Hamish Gaman withdraws from the show...

Dancing on Ice professional Hamish Gaman withdraws from the show...

Postby dutchman » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:53 am

"We thank him for all his hard work and wish him the very best"

Dancing on Ice has had a lot of issues this year with stars having to pull out, meaning this week's live show has been cancelled.

And it's now been confirmed that professional skater Hamish Gaman has sadly had to withdraw from the show, as he injured his hand off the ice a few days ago.

"Sadly we can confirm that Hamish Gaman, who has been partnered with Faye Brookes, has had to withdraw from the competition," a Dancing on Ice spokesperson said.

"We thank him for all his hard work and wish him the very best as he takes some time out to allow his injury to fully heal."

The pro injured his hand away from the ice on Friday while trying to remove one of his socks, meaning he and Coronation Street star Faye Brooks had to change their plans for the live show at the last minute.

Faye will continue in the competition with a new professional partner, Matt Evers, who was previously paired with Denise van Outen until she had to withdraw from the show with a shoulder injury.

Hamish, who spoke about the injury during Sunday's (February 14) show, was signed off as safe to skate, on the condition that adjustments were made to his planned routine with Faye.

However, after a follow-up medical examination, he has now been advised by the show's medical experts not to continue in the competition, so his injury can heal properly and to minimise the risk of any long-term damage.

Speaking on heat radio on Monday (February 15), Hamish explained: "Unfortunately I'm in a situation where I may have to withdraw if I need surgery. I would be heartbroken, Faye has worked so hard."

He continued: "Faye wasn't fully aware but I've snapped a tendon in my hand, and I was advised before the show – basically, it was on Friday when I did it – that I'm putting my finger at risk for the rest of my life here.

"But it's one of those scenarios where there was a lot of people dropping out of the show, and I love this show so much, and I didn't want to let the team down.

"So we've got our incredible medical team here... [who] strapped up my hand so I could get through the show.

"We had to make a lot of changes to the routine last minute, we basically re-choreographed the whole second half of the routine.

"Faye did incredible to learn the routine last minute. We had to change all of our lifts because of my hand. I couldn't do certain movements on my hand... yeah, so it was a tough weekend."

The pair skated to the Bruno Mars song 'Marry You' while dressed as Prince William and Kate Middleton (now the Duchess of Cambridge) on their wedding day.

Dancing on Ice viewers weren't impressed with the judges' comments following the routine, with both Hamish and Faye being reduced to tears.

Dancing on Ice airs on ITV.

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Dancing on Ice professional Hamish Gaman withdraws from the show...

Postby dutchman » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:57 am

Dancing on Ice confirms Faye Brookes' new skating partner after Hamish Gaman withdrawal

Dancing on Ice has revealed who will replace Hamish Gaman as Faye Brookes' professional skater partner.

Hamish had to withdraw from the 2020 series following a finger injury sustained away from the ice – but Faye will continue, skating with Matt Evers for the remainder of her time in the competition.

Matt was originally competing with Denise van Outen, before they withdrew following Denise's shoulder injury.

The series will be taking a break this weekend, and will return next week.

"Each week our production team and cast have delivered a fantastic show during incredibly challenging times. The welfare of all of those involved is important to us and we felt it prudent to take a week's break at this juncture," a statement from Monday (February 15) read.

ITV is planning to air a one-off special titled Dancing on Ice: The Greatest Show on Ice instead for this Sunday (February 21).

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)