Dancing on Ice's Jason Donovan pulls out of tonight's show...

Dancing on Ice's Jason Donovan pulls out of tonight's show...

Postby dutchman » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:53 pm

Jason has been advised to rest due to back pain

Dancing on Ice will be missing another skating pair tonight (February 14) as Jason Donovan will not be competing on this evening's show due to back pain.

ITV has confirmed that Jason and his professional skating partner Alexandra Schauman will not skate on tonight's show as Jason has been experiencing back pain – although he has not sustained an injury – and has been advised to rest by the show's medical team.

Although singer and actor Jason won't be on the ice tonight, he plans to return to the show next week once he has recovered. The show's rules state that one week's bye is permitted per contestant, with Jason using his this week.

Jason said: "I've had back pain the past couple of days and I'm under doctor's orders to take it easy and sit this week out. I'm resting up, I'll be watching from home and cheering everyone on and I look forward to returning next week."

Jason's announcement follows the news that Emmerdale actor Joe-Warren Plant has had to quit the show after testing positive for COVID-19 earlier this week.

"I have loved every minute of being a part of Dancing on Ice and I am disappointed as I feel I had so much more to give and was working hard to perfect each performance," Joe-Warren said after the news of his departure was announced.

Joe-Warren was not the only contestant to depart the ITV show early, as actress and singer Denise Van Outen had to drop out after her first skate after she fractured her shoulder in training. She was replaced by Olympic gymnast Amy Tinkler.

Comedian Rufus Hound also had to leave the show after he tested positive for COVID-19, with former Xtra Factor presenter Matt Richardson taking his place.

Former The Only Way is Essex star Billie Shepherd then exited the show early last week, after she was advised not to perform due to falling and sustaining an injury during training. As she had already had one 'bye week' due to a family bereavement, she had to leave the show and has not been replaced by another contestant.

Dancing on Ice continues tonight (February 14) at 6pm on ITV.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)