Dancing on Ice's Joe-Warren Plant pulls out of show...

Dancing on Ice's Joe-Warren Plant pulls out of show...

Postby dutchman » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:02 pm

"I feel I had so much more to give and was working hard to perfect each performance"

Dancing on Ice has lost another star as Joe-Warren Plant has had to pull out of the show.

The Emmerdale actor has tested positive for COVID-19, meaning he and his partner Vanessa Bauer have had to leave the ITV series.

"I have loved every minute of being a part of Dancing on Ice and I am disappointed as I feel I had so much more to give and was working hard to perfect each performance," Joe-Warren said in a statement.

"Thank you so much to Vanessa for being a fantastic teacher and although it's been cut short, I've thoroughly enjoyed this experience.

"Thank you to all the crew who have been brilliant and especially thanks to the other cast members, they have been hugely supportive and I wish them all the very best."

Vanessa added: "Unfortunately, we have received positive test results for COVID which means we cannot continue to compete this year.

"Joe-Warren has been growing every week into such a talented skater and I'm so sad we won't be able to show more of the great routines we had planned.

"I am beyond proud and devastated, as we had so much more to show, he was the hardest working partner I've ever had."

Joe-Warren is the fourth contestant to have left the show without being voted off since it started.

Denise Van Outen was forced to drop out after fracturing her shoulder in training, and was replaced by Olympian Amy Tinkler.

Comedian Rufus Hound also had to leave after he tested positive for COVID-19, with Matt Richardson taking his place.

Reality star Billie Faiers also had to pull out of the show. She previously missed a live show after the death of her grandmother, then got injured in training on her return and couldn't perform. As contestants only get one 'bye week', it meant she had to leave.

Dancing on Ice continues this weekend on Sunday (February 14) at 6pm on ITV.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)