Dancing on Ice eliminates its third contestant...

Dancing on Ice eliminates its third contestant...

Postby dutchman » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:09 pm

"I mean, yeah, I'm quite relieved"

Dancing on Ice has eliminated its third contestant, Matt Richardson.

The ITV ice-skating series returned for its Dance Week episode on Sunday night (February 7), with Joe-Warren Plant, Faye Brookes and Lady Leshurr all topping the leaderboard.

The episode also saw Matt Richardson take to the ice in place of Rufus Hound, who was forced to withdraw from the competition early due to coronavirus-related concerns.

Having scored the lowest marks of the night, it was newcomer Matt and his partner Vicky Ogden who landed in the skate off alongside Colin Jackson and Klabera Komini.

And it was Matt and Vicky who ended up leaving the competition.

"I mean, yeah, I'm quite relieved," Matt said.

"This is the most horrifying and terrifying and fear-inducing thing I've ever done so like, I don't think I've could have done it for another a week. I would have had a heart attack."

"Look, the whole experience has been amazing. Training to skate, being a stand-in was amazing... but it's been great. Vicky has been phenomenal. I've loved skating with her. It was so fun."

He added: "I can't wait until I've got a mulled wine at Christmas around the ice rink being that guy who thinks he can skate."

Matt's early exit from the competition follows viewers complaining that his debut skate was under-marked by the judges.

Bring on Valentine's week!

Dancing on Ice returns next Sunday (February 14) at 6pm on ITV.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)