Strictly Come Dancing judges award the first perfect score of the series

Strictly Come Dancing judges award the first perfect score of the series

Postby dutchman » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:45 pm

No other couple have managed this by week six before

Strictly Come Dancing saw one couple get a perfect score tonight (November 28) – the first of the 2020 series.

HRVY and Janette Manrara performed a stunning Couple's Choice dance to Coldplay's 'A Sky Full of Stars', impressing everyone with the incredible routine.

However, it wasn't just impressive – the routine has broken a Strictly record, as co-host Claudia Winkleman announced that no couple have ever received a perfect score by week six... until now.

The judges were very pleased with the dance, praising Janette's choreography and HRVY's timing.

"G.O.A.T. Goat," Craig Revel-Horwood announced to general silence, before telling everyone he was the only one cool enough to know that this meant "greatest of all time".

That's us told.

Then, Shirley Ballas informed Janette that it "was the best choreography I've seen in Couple's Choice, by far".

She then told HRVY: "You have such a human, humble element about you. And when you dance, you dance for your family, for your loved ones, for everybody out there on Strictly. You do lift everybody's spirits."

The recently-returned Motsi Mabuse was rather stunned by the routine and was frustrated not to be able to get closer to HRVY for a hug.

"I felt that music, I felt that music through you – it was pumping in my heart. There were so many good things that you did in there," she said. "That is what dance is about."

The couple topped the leaderboard tonight with Clara Amfo and Aljaž Skorjanec at the bottom.

Strictly Come Dancing airs Saturdays and Sundays on BBC One.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)