Switch to full style
Write comments

Strictly Come Dancing eliminates fourth celebrity from 2020 series

Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:03 pm

The competition is heating up

Caroline Quentin has become the fourth celebrity to be eliminated from this year's Strictly Come Dancing.

The Men Behaving Badly actor, and professional partner Johannes Radebe, scored 24 points for their cha cha cha set to Fontella Bass's 'Rescue Me' on Saturday (November 21), ranking them second-to-last on the leaderboard.

Clara Amfo and Aljaž Škorjanec were bottom of the judges' leaderboard with 18 points, while both Ranvir Singh and Giovanni Pernice, and Maisie Smith and Gorka Márquez, earned 27 apiece, putting them joint second.

But it was Maisie and Gorka who ended up in the dreaded dance-off for the second week running, alongside Caroline and Johannes.

After each twosome performed again, judges Craig Revel Horwood, Shirley Ballas and Anton Du Beke shared their verdict on who deserved to continue in the competition – and they were unanimous in their decision.

"I absolutely love both couples, but for me one couple was outstanding and danced as though their lives depended on it and that couple I would like to save, Maisie and Gorka," said Craig.

"Well, I thought both couples danced beautifully. I think they are beautiful couples, danced fabulous routines. One couple was a bit cleaner than the other couple, there was a couple of mistakes in there," guest judge Anton added. "So the couple I would like to save are Maisie and Gorka."

Shirley confirmed that she would also have chosen to save Maisie and Gorka.

When asked by co-presenter Tess Daly whether her time on the show has gone some way to fulfilling her childhood dream of becoming a dancer, Caroline replied: "Yeah, in a way slightly more than that, because I have had the honour and privilege of working with some of the greatest dancers this country has ever known.

"I think they are absolutely fantastic. But of course my greatest gift coming on this show is this man."

"Oh my gosh, what a woman, thank you, thank you again, thank you, thank you, thank you," Johannes replied.

"I don't know what to say, because it was a beautiful one, I had a beautiful journey with you, thank you my darling, thank you."

Strictly Come Dancing continues on Saturday, November 28 at 7.15pm.

Write comments