Dancing on Ice's Alex Murphy "devastated" after being axed from the show

Dancing on Ice's Alex Murphy "devastated" after being axed from the show

Postby dutchman » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:19 pm

"This decision has come as a huge shock to me"

Dancing on Ice star Alex Murphy has revealed that she has been axed from the show, just a few months after winning this year's series with Joe Swash.

Posting on Instagram, the professional skater told her fans that she was "devastated" by the decision.

"For the last three years, Dancing on Ice has not only been my job but also what I considered to be my family," she wrote. "I am broken-hearted to announce that I have recently been informed that I will not be re-contracted for Dancing on Ice 2021 series.

"This decision has come as a huge shock to me. I absolutely love the show and had hoped to go back for 2021. I have been left feeling bewildered, lost, and devastated.

"I am so grateful for the three years that I had on this incredible show, and I will wholeheartedly miss everyone and everything about it."

Alex also thanked the viewers at home in her statement, describing her time on the show as "an incredible part of my life".

"Though I am heartbroken, I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, and although this hurts right now, I will pick myself up and look forward towards the future," she said.

"Thank you so much to all my colleagues at DOI and most importantly the viewers for the constant support and love that you have shown me the last 3 years. It was an incredible part of my life, and though it is ending sooner than I would have liked, I am so grateful for the memories."

In addition to Joe, Alex partnered with Kem Cetinay and Brian McFadden during her three series.

Dancing on Ice airs on ITV.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)