Sandi Toksvig announces she's leaving the Great British Bake Off...

Sandi Toksvig announces she's leaving the Great British Bake Off...

Postby dutchman » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:44 pm

Sandi quits after three years

Great British Bake Off host Sandi Toksvig has announced that she is quitting after three years on the show.

The presenter confirmed today (January 16) that she will focus on other projects, including fronting Channel 4 series The Write Offs which looks at the issue of adult literacy.

Although she won't be involved in the 2020 series, Sandi will still be in the tent for the Stand Up to Cancer specials this spring.

"When stepping down from a job, it is quite common for people to say they are doing so in order to spend more time with their family. Unusually, I am departing from The Great British Bake Off so I can spend more time with my other work," she said.

"As my waistline will testify, Bake Off is an all-consuming show.

"Spending time with Prue [Leith], Paul [Hollywood], and Noel [Fielding] has been one of the great pleasures of my life. These are friendships which I know will continue beyond the confines of television.

"Bake Off is a wonderful programme which has already proved it can happily withstand a change of hosting personnel. The reason for that, of course, is that the true stars of the show are the bakers themselves. I wish everyone well."

The show has also confirmed that it is looking for a replacement.

Last week, Channel 4 confirmed the cast of celebrity bakers taking part in the Stand Up to Cancer specials – including This Morning's Alison Hammond, The One Show's Alex Jones, and Queer Eye's Tan France.

The Great British Bake Off airs on Channel 4.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)