Strictly Come Dancing announces winner of 2019 Christmas special

Strictly Come Dancing announces winner of 2019 Christmas special

Postby dutchman » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:47 pm

Who raised the special seasonal glitter star?

Christmas Day just wouldn't be the same without Strictly Come Dancing's annual Christmas special.

This year is no different, with a host of fan favourites returning to the show.

But it was the lovely Debbie McGee who took the special seasonal glitter star home, following her performance with last year's winning pro Kevin Clifton.

They performed a quickstep to Michael Bublé's 'Jingle Bells', getting a perfect score of 40 from the judges.

"I wasn't expecting it," said Debbie. "It's just amazing but you know, everybody has been fantastic – I think it's everybody's because we all had a great time, everyone did such great dances."

The winner was decided by the studio audience.

Other contestants returning included former Emmerdale star Gemma Atkinson who performed a Jive to 'I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus'.

After originally dancing with Aljaz Skorjanec, Gemma was paired with her real-life partner and father to her daughter Mia, Gorka Marquez. The couple scored 35.

Another couple on the dance floor was YouTube star Joe Sugg and girlfriend Dianne Buswell. They scored a perfect 40 for their Street Commercial to 'Sleigh Ride' by District 78.

Former TOWIE star Mark Wright and Janette Manrara performed a Salsa to 'Christmas Wrapping' by The Waitresses which scored them 35.

Holby City star Chizzy Akudolu danced a Cha Cha with Graziano Di Prima to 'Get The Party Started' by Shirley Bassey and scored 36.

Good Morning Britain's Richard Arnold also returned to dance with Luba Mushtuk, performing a Foxtrot to 'You're A Mean One, Mr Grinch' by Sabrina Carpenter. They received a score of 32 for their performance.

One Direction star Liam Payne also made an appearance to sing 'All I Want for Christmas', with a special dance performance from Strictly pros Johannes Radebe and Nadiya Bychkova.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)