Strictly Come Dancing announces 2019 winner

Strictly Come Dancing announces 2019 winner

Postby dutchman » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:28 pm

Who lifted the Glitterball Trophy?

Kelvin Fletcher and Oti Mabuse have won Strictly Come Dancing 2019.

The pair, who had been strong favourites to take the crown, were announced as the winners of the Glitterball Trophy on tonight's (December 14) final.

Kelvin and Oti beat out runners-up Karim Zeroual and Amy Dowden and Emma Barton and Anton du Beke.

Speaking afterwards, Kelvin said: "I'm absolutely speechless. I did not expect that. It's been such a privilege to be here.

"I think this show represents everything that is amazing with this country, I think the people personify what is great. It's just been an absolute privilege."

He added, "Oti, thank you for the most amazing experience of my life," before thanking the runners-up and the show."

This was the first win for professional Oti as well, with the dancer saying: "I've been on this show for five years, and I have never ever met any celeb who has given his heart and soul.

"If something's not working we stay in training and rehearse. And not because we wanted to win, but because he genuinely loved dancing. And for me that is the best gift and best ending to my year. So thank you so much."

The final leaderboard was topped by Karim and Amy with 119 points, followed by Kelvin and Oti with 118 and Emma and Anton with 116.

The couples each performed three dances throughout the evening – a Judges' Pick, a Showdance and a Couples' Choice.

Meanwhile, earlier in the final, co-presenter Claudia Winkleman suffered a bit of an on-air blunder as she forget to go to the scores after Kelvin and Oti did their Showdance.

Thinking they were going to the leaderboard, Oti reminded her it was the scores next, which they all laughed about soon after.

Strictly Come Dancing 2019 aired on BBC One.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)