Strictly Come Dancing reveals latest celebrity to leave the show

Strictly Come Dancing reveals latest celebrity to leave the show

Postby dutchman » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:03 am

There are now just FIVE couples left...

Strictly Come Dancing 2019 has eliminated another couple.

Saffron Barker and AJ Pritchard became the latest pair to leave the ballroom, after they lost a dance-off against Karim Zeroual and Amy Dowden.

Judges Shirley Ballas, Craig Revel Horwood, Motsi Mabuse and Bruno Tonioli unanimously decided to save Karim and Amy.

Speaking afterwards, Saffron said: "I've had the absolute time of my life and it's all down to [AJ]. It's been amazing. I'd like to thank AJ so much.

"When I look at what I was like on week one, I was so embarrassed and shy. He's really taken me out of my shell. Thank you so much for everything."

AJ said of the YouTube star: "Every single week you've approached it with a positive mental attitude and you've inspired so many... on your own social media too.

"As a non-dancer starting from day one, I'm not going to lie, I was a bit scared! But performing those fantastic dances has been amazing. The best partner. Thank you!"

The result means there are now just five couples left in the competition – Karim and Amy, Kelvin Fletcher and Oti Mabuse, Alex Scott and Neil Jones, Chris Ramsey and Karen Hauer and Emma Barton and Anton du Beke.

And considering Karim and Amy were joint top of this week's leaderboard and still faced the dreaded dance-off, it really is anyone's guess who's going to waltz off with the Glitterball Trophy this year.

Strictly Come Dancing continues with Musicals Week next Saturday (November 30) at 7.10pm on BBC One.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)