Taskmaster confirms new channel with promise "the show won't change"

Taskmaster confirms new channel with promise "the show won't change"

Postby dutchman » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:49 pm

Alex, Greg and co have a new home

Following rumours of a big channel change, it has been officially confirmed that Taskmaster is moving from Dave to Channel 4.

New episodes of the show will debut on the channel in 2020, with Alex Horne confirming the news on Twitter.

"Hello! Taskmaster is moving," he said. "To Channel 4. I promise the show won't change & there'll be the same amount of personal and professional humiliation.

"Thank you to everyone at UKTV for looking after us so brilliantly for 9 series. V excited. But now I have to go and clean the house."

Elaborating further in a statement, Alex said: "We've had an amazing nine series on Dave and I'd like to thank UKTV for letting us do such ridiculous things for so long. Greg [Davies] and I are looking forward to getting started on a new series for Channel 4 from next year.

"It seems like the right time to move to a channel with a broader audience and I can reassure people who like the show that it won’t be changing one bit and I'll still be forced to do things no one should ever have to do."

The Taskmaster himself Greg added: "For the first time in our working relationship I agree with little Alex Horne. The nine series on UKTV have been a joy and I would echo his thanks to all involved.

"I do take issue with the notion that the show will remain exactly the same however as I have made it my personal mission to break his spirit. I will remain even handed with contestants of course, but it really is going to get unpleasant for him. Peace."

Fans had previously been left confused following the end of the ninth series earlier this month, with no further reports of another season on Dave as well as subsequent rumours of a channel move.

There were also claims at the time that Dave's parent company UKTV had not yet reached a deal with Taskmaster producer Avalon, with the broadcaster's five-year licence for the show concluding at the end of the year.

As well as Channel 4 pursuing the format, BBC One was also apparently a strong contender to take the show.

Taskmaster aired on Dave. New episodes of the show will be broadcast on Channel 4 and repeated on E4 from late 2020.

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Taskmaster confirms new channel with promise "the show won't change"

Postby dutchman » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:52 pm

"UKTV" doesn't exist any more! It was broken up and its programmes divided between the Discovery Network and BBC Worldwide :clown:
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)