Strictly confirms the latest celebrity to depart the dancefloor

Strictly confirms the latest celebrity to depart the dancefloor

Postby dutchman » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:04 am

Here's who just missed out on a trip to Blackpool

Strictly Come Dancing has said goodbye to another celebrity tonight, as BBC Breakfast presenter Mike Bushell became the seventh celebrity to depart the dancefloor.

After finding themselves in the bottom two for several weeks running, Mike and his professional partner Katya Jones' luck ran out tonight (November 10) as the judges voted unanimously to save Michelle Visage and Giovanni Pernice instead.

Which means that Mike has just missed out on taking part in the iconic Blackpool episode of the show, which is happening next week.

After both couples performed their routine for the judges again, Craig Revel Horwood kicked off the votes by choosing to save Michelle and Giovanni and Motsi Mabuse agreed with his decision too.

"I honestly have to say I have seen the best performance from both couples," Motsi said. "I really, really mean that but one couple was the clear winner of the dance off and I am going to save Michelle and Giovanni."

Bruno Tonioli also opted to save Michelle and Giovanni, saying that they were the couple that "performed to the highest standard", while head judge Shirley Ballas said she would have chosen to save Michelle and Giovanni too.

Speaking to host Tess Daly about his time on the show afterwards, Mike said that he's had "the most amazing" time since he started training.

"I have lost a stone and half. I'm a guy in his 50s, I'm mentally sharper, I feel able to deal with pressured situations – thanks to the dance-offs! It has changed me completely and honestly I'm not going to stop dancing," he explained.

"Every moment has been an absolute honour and a joy. I didn't think I’d get this far so I have already booked a hotel in Blackpool, so I'm still coming along. This amazing teacher, Katya, I can't tell you the dedication that she puts in. She'd make the greatest sporting coach ever, she makes you believe that anything is possible.

He continued: "She hasn't taken it easy on me. We've had some difficult routines and I can't believe the miracles you've performed. There's so many memories."

Katya also shared that she's "so proud" of her dance partner, and declared this week's Paso Doble his "best dance".

"You can leave with your head held up honestly," she told him. "And in my eyes you're the winner.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't take you to Blackpool."

Tonight's results show also saw a musical performance from Luke Evans, as well as a poignant Remembrance Day-inspired group dance.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)