Strictly Come Dancing announces latest 'celebrity' to be voted off

Strictly Come Dancing announces latest 'celebrity' to be voted off

Postby dutchman » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:29 pm

And then there were eight...

Viscountess Emma Weymouth and Aljaž Škorjanec became the seventh pair to leave the show, after losing a dance-off against Mike Bushell and Katya Jones.

After both duos performed this week's dances again, the judges unanimously decided to send Emma W and Aljaž home.

Motsi Mabuse called Mike and Katya's routine "much clearer to read, much easier to follow and more prepared", while Craig Revel Horwood suggested it was "the most challenging and the better dance".

There was drama elsewhere too, as Katya actually made a mistake during the dance-off. Bruno Tonioli commended Mike afterwards, saying: "[The dance was] more entertaining, richer, more powerful and something extraordinary happened – the celebrity actually covered for the professional's mistake."

Speaking after her exit, Emma W admitted she was "heartbroken", but explained that she has loved her Strictly experience "more than anything" she's ever done.

Turning to Aljaž, she added: "I'm going to be forever grateful to you for working so hard. You've been so patient with me and teaching me everything. Thank you. I want to be friends forever because you're just amazing. I never wanted to let you down."

Aljaž went on to say: "From day one in rehearsals, your dedication, to go from a non-performer, non-dancer, to achieve what you achieved on this show – I'm lucky it was me that taught you how to dance."

It meant that it was good news for the other Emma, as Emma Barton and Anton du Beke survived the axe despite finishing bottom of the judges' leaderboard, leading to that rather awkward exchange between Anton and Shirley Ballas.

Next week's Strictly results show will see a very special performance from Luke Evans, who is friends with Emma W and spoke yesterday (November 2) about his hopes that she would still be in the competition come then.

"She better still be on it when I'm on," the Beauty and the Beast star told Graham Norton on his BBC Radio 2 show.

Well, Luke, we have some bad news...

Strictly Come Dancing 2019 continues next Saturday (November 9) at 6.50pm on BBC One.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)