Strictly reveals first celeb to leave dancefloor

Strictly reveals first celeb to leave dancefloor

Postby dutchman » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:24 pm

Strictly Come Dancing 2019 confirms the first celebrity to depart the dancefloor

We've already seen this year's Strictly Come Dancing line-up perform twice now, which means the time has finally come to say goodbye to our first contestant.

As viewers know, last week's scores rolled over to this week and, after receiving some pretty low marks on yesterday's show (September 28), James Cracknell OBE has been confirmed as the first celebrity to depart the dancefloor.

Olympic gold medallist James and his professional partner Luba Mushtuk found themselves in the dance off alongside goalkeeper David James and his partner Nadiya Bychkova in tonight's (September 29) results show, and both couples performed their dances again.

But after once again performing their Jive to Little Richard's 'Tutti Fruitti', James and Luba had their Strictly dreams dashed as judges Craig Revel Horwood, Shirley Ballas, Bruno Tonioli and Motsi Mabuse all voted to save David and Nadiya.

"I felt a stronger performance, a stronger intention, clearer actions. I'm going to save David," Motsi explained, while Bruno added: "I have to save the couple that really showed to me how you apply and you work on the comments of the judges and deliver a performance that is almost night and day from one day to the other. David and Nadiya."

Speaking to co-presenter Tess Daly after the result was confirmed, James reflected on his time competing in Strictly.

"[I] definitely enjoyed the last three days of the last week as I got to grips with the steps and started to enjoy it. I'm enjoying it anyway, the luxury of being with someone so good and learning off them," he said.

"I'm a way better dancer than I was two weeks ago. Luba's been amazing with being so patient with a couple of left feet."

Luba also praised James for his hard work and commitment to the show, saying: "I would like to say a huge thank you with all my heart to make this journey so amazing. You inspired me every day and I hope you inspire many more other people to start dancing."

Strictly Come Dancing continues with its Movies Special on Saturday, October 5 at 7.10pm on BBC One, with the results show following on Sunday, October 6 at 7.15pm.

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Strictly reveals first celeb to leave dancefloor

Postby dutchman » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:24 pm

'Celebrity' :hysterical:
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)