Lauren Steadman becomes 11th celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing

Lauren Steadman becomes 11th celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing

Postby dutchman » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:56 am

The final four couples have been confirmed

Strictly Come Dancing's final four couples have been revealed after Paralympian Lauren Steadman and professional partner AJ Pritchard became the latest to leave the competition in tonight's semi-final results show.

The duo ended last night's show at the bottom of the leaderboard, and tonight (December 9) they found themselves in the dance-off against Ashley Roberts and Pasha Kovalev, where each couple could choose which of their two dances they would like to perform again for the judges.

Lauren and AJ chose to perform their Tango to 'Nutbush City Limits' by Tina Turner, while Ashley and Pasha opted to perform their American Smooth to 'Ain’t That A Kick In The Head' by Dean Martin, and then it was over to the judges for their verdict.

Craig Revel Horwood kicked things off, choosing to save Ashley and Pasha and praising their routine as "clean, precise and dynamic".

"It's really hard because you’ve worked so hard and you've got so far to the semi-finals, fabulous," Darcey Bussell added. "But on a more finished performance, the couple I would like to save is Ashley and Pasha."

Bruno Tonioli also chose to save Ashley and Pasha, saying: "Well first I would like to say that all of you should be very very proud of what you have accomplished so far, you really did very very well. I have to choose a dance that is more accomplished overall so I will go for Ashley and Pasha."

Head Judge Shirley Ballas added that she also agreed with her fellow judges and would have saved Ashley and Pasha.

Speaking to host Tess Daly about her time on the show, Lauren said that she's "absolutely loved" her Strictly journey.

"It has been so much more than anyone ever tells you it's going to be and that you thought it would be," she added. "Down to the smallest things; I mean outfits, hair, makeup, this man [AJ], the judges, all the choreographers.

"It's just… I can't tell you just how magical it is."

With Lauren and AJ having left the competition, this means our Strictly 2018 finalists are:

• Ashley Roberts and Pasha Kovalev
  • Joe Sugg and Dianne Buswell
  • Stacey Dooley and Kevin Clifton
  • Faye Tozer and Giovanni Pernice

The final four couples will return next Saturday for the series grand final, when it'll be down to the viewers alone to decide who wins.

Strictly Come Dancing continues on Saturday (December 15) at 6.30pm on BBC One.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)