Graeme Swann is the ninth celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing

Graeme Swann is the ninth celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing

Postby dutchman » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:09 pm

But not before taking part in a shocking dance-off

After last night saw Strictly Come Dancing descend into chaos with a technical fail and judge Bruno Tonioli falling off his chair (again), tonight's results show quickly proved itself a shocker too as Graeme Swann was eliminated after facing Ashley Roberts in the dance-off.

Between the judges' scores, the Lindy Hop-a-thon results and the viewers' votes, it was Graeme and professional partner Oti Mabuse, and Ashley and professional partner Pasha Kovelev who found themselves in the dance-off tonight (November 25).

Both couples performed their routines for the judges once again, and after Graeme and Oti performed their Quickstep 'Sing Sing Sing' by The Andrews Sisters and Ashley and Pasha danced the Samba to 'Hot Hot Hot' by Arrow, it was down to the judges to deliver their verdict.

And, considering Ashley scored 36 this week, following on from last week's perfect score, it wasn't too surprising to see all the judges opt to save Ashley and Pasha.

"For me it's a no-brainer and the couple I'd like to save, Ashley and Pasha," Craig Revel Horwood kicked off the votes.

"The couple I would like to save based on this dance is the more technically efficient performance and that was Ashley and Pasha," Darcey Bussell added, with Bruno adding: "No disrespect but it's evident. Overall much much stronger on every level, come on, it's Ashley. Ashley and Pasha.

Head Judge Shirley Ballas also said that she would have agreed with her fellow judges and would have saved Ashley and Pasha.

Speaking to Tess Daly afterwards, Graeme said that he would have agreed with the judges and voted for Ashley and Pasha too.

"I can't quite believe I was put against them to be honest, but this whole journey I've got to say, before I say gloating things about Oti that I'm obviously going to. This show and what you've got is something special and thank you for letting me be a part of it," he said.

"I was a novice coming in to this. This woman Oti is – this girl sorry, she's not old enough to be a woman, obviously – has just made me fall in love with this whole dance nonsense that I thought it was before.

"I absolutely adore you for that, I'll never forget everything you taught and shouted at me for weeks and weeks.

"My fingers will never be open in ballroom and that's for you Craig, every week, that's for you. I've just had the best of times, I've had the worst of times, it's been very hard missing the kids and the wife. Blackpool, I will never forget, this whole experience I will never forget and Oti, I will never forget you, you absolute hero.

"To be honest, let's face it when you get down to the nitty gritty of this competition, I was on borrowed time, unless I learnt to fly or something I wasn't going to get past here."

As for Oti, she added that being partnered with Graeme has given her "the best season of [her] entire career on Strictly".

"I have never laughed so much, I've never been so angry so much," she said. "I have the best friend in you. We might not have been the best dancers, but you have the spirit of Strictly."

Sunday's results show also featured a collaboration between the Strictly pros and dance company Candoco, which had been choreographed by former Strictly judge Arlene Phillips, and a performance from Sir Rod Stewart.

Strictly Come Dancing will continue next Saturday (December 1) at 6.50pm on BBC One, with the results show following on Sunday (December 2) at 7.20pm.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)