Strictly Come Dancing's Craig Revel Horwood says Aston Merrygold was "robbed" in 2017 series

Strictly Come Dancing's Craig Revel Horwood says Aston Merrygold was "robbed" in 2017 series

Postby dutchman » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:17 am

"He just got a dance on that show that didn't really suit him"

Strictly Come Dancing judge Craig Revel Horwood has said that Aston Merrygold was "robbed" in last year's series.

After this year's champion is crowned, Strictly will treat fans to a Christmas special, in which Merrygold is set to appear.

Appearing on It Takes Two with Zoe Ball, Horwood revealed that of all the past celebrities lined up for the festive special, he's most looking forward to seeing Merrygold, who he believes should have gone much further in the 2017 series.

Asked who he's most excited to see back on the dance floor, Horwood jokingly replied: "Well apart from Anne Widdecombe, darling!

"But, Aston [Merrygold] because I thought he was rather robbed you know on the show. He just got a dance on that show that didn't really suit him, and he was up against a Ballroom dance.

"And he is a fantastic dancer and I want to see him dance more!"

Merrygold provided one of the biggest shocks of last year's series when he was eliminated halfway through the competition.

The JLS singer was an early frontrunner in 2017, but now he has a chance to prove himself again with this Christmas special.

Merrygold recently reflected on his exit from the competition, telling Metro: "It's that thing isn't, someone has to go.

"Out of all of them, it was the worst week. If you're judging it on me solely, then it was my worst week. It's just one of those things that you take on the chin."

Strictly Come Dancing continues tonight (November 24) on BBC One at 6.50pm.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)