Seann Walsh become the fifth celebrity to be eliminated from Strictly Come Dancing

Seann Walsh become the fifth celebrity to be eliminated from Strictly Come Dancing

Postby dutchman » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:43 pm

Seann and Katya's time on the show has come to an end

After weeks of intense scrutiny following on from that kiss drama, Strictly Come Dancing's Seann Walsh and professional partner Katya Jones have been eliminated from the competition after a dance-off against Graeme Swann and Oti Mabuse.

Many Strictly viewers have been calling for Seann and Katya to leave the show after the pair were caught kissing on a night out, despite both being in relationships at the time.

They came close to leaving last week, appearing in the dance-off alongside Vick Hope and Graziano di Prima, but it looks like their luck ran out tonight (October 28), as their Viennese Waltz to 'I Put A Spell On You' by Screamin' Jay Hawkins failed to impress the judges and the viewers, prompting them to perform once again in Sunday's results show.

With Graeme and Oti also performing their Cha Cha to 'Thriller' by Michael Jackson again, the decision came down to the judges, and the panel overwhelmingly voted to save Graeme and Oti, meaning Seann and Katya were sent home.

"I think both couples did the best they could possibly do and it was better than their other performances," Craig Revel Horwood said. "But one couple for me had timing issues; the other couple had placement issues but the dance that I liked the most and the couple that I'd like to save is Graeme and Oti."

Darcey Bussell agreed, saying she was saving Graeme and Oti for being the couple that had "the highest performance value", while Bruno Tonioli said he was going for the couple "that made me enjoy the evening more".

Head Judge Shirley Ballas also said that she would have saved Graeme and Oti.

When asked by Tess about his time on the show, Seann hinted that the fallout from his and Katya's kiss ended up marring an otherwise great experience.

"When you watch it and hear people at the end say this has been the best experience in my life, I don't think you really believe but this has been without a doubt the best experience of my life, probably bar the last few weeks," he said.

"But generally speaking from the beginning, it really was. I can't believe it, it's been amazing."

Katya also admitted that "it wasn't easy", but thanked Seann for his commitment to the show.

"We did twelve hours, it was amazing and I'm so proud of you from day one when you couldn't get your right from your left and now delivering dances like that that," she added. "Thanks for making me laugh a lot."

Seann added: "It's an absolute miracle that I've gotten this far. I've been Neo from The Matrix, I've been used as a step of steps and even Craig a few weeks ago called me hot, it's been a dream come true and that's because of you."

Strictly Come Dancing continues on Saturday (November 3) at 7.05pm on BBC One, with the results show following on Sunday (November 4) at 7.50pm.

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Seann Walsh become the fifth celebrity to be eliminated from Strictly Come Dancing

Postby dutchman » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:01 pm

They were pretty awful and the bad impersonation of Screamin' Jay Hawkins by the backing singer didn't help...

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)