Susannah Constantine becomes the first celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing

Susannah Constantine becomes the first celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing

Postby dutchman » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:30 pm

Susannah faced Lee Ryan in the dreaded dance-off

Strictly Come Dancing gave us a brief reprieve last week in the form of a live show where no-one went home, but all good things must come to an end and tonight (September 30) was a very different story.

After just two weeks in the competition, Susannah Constantine has become the first celebrity to leave Strictly 2018 after failing to impress the judges in the series' first dance-off, where she and partner Anton Du Beke faced off against Lee Ryan and Nadiya Bychkova.

Both Susannah and Anton and Lee and Nadiya performed their dances again, with Susannah and Anton doing the foxtrot to 'They Can't Take That Away From Me' by Frank Sinatra and Lee and Nadiya performing their jive to 'Blue Suede Shoes' by Elvis Presley.

And, unfortunately for Susannah, the judges were unanimous in their decision to save Lee and Nadiya – destroying viewers' chances of reliving the television gold that was Anton popping out of Susannah's skirts.

"For me it's a no-brainer and the couple I would like to save is Lee and Nadiya," Craig Revel Horwood said, while Darcey Bussell saved the couple too, adding that their performance was "more rounded" and "stronger".

Bruno Tonioli also concluded that Lee and Nadiya were the "overall better couple", while head judge Shirley Ballas agreed with her fellow judges too.

Speaking after the results, Susannah added that she felt "so lucky" to have been involved with the show, and admitted that the judges "made the right choice".

"I know it has gone a bit quick, but you know what, I just feel so lucky to have had three weeks learning to dance with Anton and to have met all these amazing people," Susannah said.

"And for me they are the most important and I feel really privileged to have met them all, and it has been amazing. And thank you [judges], you've made the right choice you guys, Lee and Nadiya were brilliant but Anton is still the king!"

As for Anton, he added that he'd had a "fabulous" time performing with Susannah, even though it was brief.

"Sadly someone's got to go but I wish it wasn't you because you're wonderful to be with," he said. "I'm going to miss spending time with you in the studio, we've had a great time, we've had enormous amounts of fun and you're wonderful and thank you very much indeed."

Strictly Come Dancing continues with Movie Week next Saturday (October 6) at 6.30pm on BBC One, with the results show airing on Sunday (October 7) at 7.45pm – right after the new episode of Doctor Who.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)