Lemar Obika is finally booted off Dancing on Ice

Lemar Obika is finally booted off Dancing on Ice

Postby dutchman » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:39 am

Lemar Obika has become the fifth celebrity to leave Dancing on Ice

The singer competed in yet another skate-off with partner Melody, against Donna Air and her partner Mark.

After performing to Coldplay's 'Viva La Vida', the pair were unanimously eliminated by the judging panel.

Speaking after the verdict was delivered, Lemar said: "You can only do your best and I worked really hard this week. I was plagued with an injury, so did my best.

"Thank you very much Melody and thank you to every single person backstage, the whole production, it was a great opportunity."

"We've got to perform twice a week nearly every week. Next week, I can take two days and this [injury] will be alright. So I get that now."

Earlier in the show, Lemar performed 'Somebody Like You' but failed to impress the judges, scoring just 20 out of 40.

He follows Cheryl Baker, Perri Shakes-Drayton, Stephanie Waring and Candice Brown out of the series.

Tonight's Dancing on Ice also saw fans confused as to whether Kem Cetinay fell or not during his routine to 'What Makes You Beautiful' by One Direction.

While Kem was keen to celebrate his best score yet, viewers at home were slightly confused by the judges generosity, given the Love Island winner appeared to fall over.

Still, Dancing on Ice's new announcer Sam Matterface eventually revealed that Kem had actually performed a (rather dodgy looking but nonetheless) planned floor slide.

Dancing on Ice continues next Sunday (February 18).

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)