Katie Derham is the winner of the Strictly Come Dancing 2017 Christmas Special

Katie Derham is the winner of the Strictly Come Dancing 2017 Christmas Special

Postby dutchman » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:07 am

Katie and Brendan Cole raise the Strictly Silver Star trophy

After a wonderful night of Christmassy music, sparkly outfits and more wonderful performances than you can think of, the Strictly Come Dancing Christmas special has officially crowned its 2017 winner...

... and the Silver Star Trophy went to none other that Katie Derham and her professional partner Brendan Cole.

Katie finished in 4th place with professional partner Anton Du Beke during her run in Strictly's 13th season in 2015 after making it to the final, but tonight she managed to finish in the top spot after performing a stunning Viennese Waltz to 'White Christmas'.

Katie and Brendan scored 37 from the judges for their dance and, for the Christmas special, the judges' scores are combined with a studio audience vote to crown the winner.

"Oh my goodness, I'm so stunned!" Katie said after her win. "I thought any of these gorgeous people were going to win, not us. This is brilliant. It feels fantastic, it really does!"

The couple's win tonight (December 25) came after they faced some tough competition from other big names in Strictly, including Judy Murray, Kimberley Walsh, Colin Jackson, Robbie Savage and Jeremy Vine.

Strictly's Christmas special kicked off with a group performance featuring the Trinity Boys Choir, before each of this year's contestants were challenged to tell the story of what they love most about Christmas in their performance.

Judges Craig Revel Horwood, Darcey Bussell, Bruno Tonioli and Shirley Ballas all returned for the festival programme, while Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman hosted.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)