Joe McFadden is crowned winner of Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Joe McFadden is crowned winner of Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Postby dutchman » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:48 pm

The actor walked home with the Glitterball Trophy

Joe McFadden has been named Strictly Come Dancing's 2017 winner.

The Holby City actor and partner Katya Jones were announced as the champions and walked home with the prestigious Glitterball Trophy on tonight's (December 16) final.

Asked after the news was announced whether he would have though this would happen, Joe said that he would not have believed it "in a million years".

"It feels completely surreal, and I'm completely in awe of everyone that started all those weeks ago," he said, adding that "everyone's a winner".

This year's runners-up are Alexandra Burke and Gorka Marquez, Gemma Atkinson and Aljaž Skorjanec, and Debbie McGee and Giovanni Pernice.

Earlier in the final, Joe and Katya performed three dances - first with the judges' pick of the Viennese Waltz to 'Somewhere My Love' from Doctor Zhivago.

They later Showdanced to 'You Make My Dreams' by Hall & Oates and chose their own favourite of the Charleston to 'Alexander's Ragtime Band'.

Judges' Darcey Bussell and Shirley Ballas earlier noted how much he had improved over the series, the latter calling him a "magnificent dancer".

This evening's final also saw judge Bruno Tonioli hilariously fall off his chair, before trying to lead the panel in a sing-song, as well as some generous marks from Bruno and Shirley.

Strictly Come Dancing airs on BBC One.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)