Mollie King becomes the latest celebrity to leave the dance floor

Mollie King becomes the latest celebrity to leave the dance floor

Postby dutchman » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:38 pm

She *just* missed out on a place in the Grand Final

The Saturdays singer Mollie King has become the 11th celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing 2017, which means she's just missed out on a place in next week's Grand Final.

Mollie and dance partner AJ Pritchard found themselves in the bottom two against Gemma Atkinson and partner Aljaž Škorjanec, and the two couples took part in the dreaded dance-off.

As they both performed two dances this week, they got a choice of which routine to perform again, with Mollie and AJ opting for their Waltz to Sarah McLaughlin's 'Angel' and Gemma and Aljaz choosing their Tango to 'My Sharona' by The Knack.

Ultimately, though, it was a unanimous decision for the judging panel, who all chose to save Gemma and Aljaz, even as they praised both couples for their performances.

"Both couples [are] neck and neck," Craig Revel Horwood began. "Both couples ballroom which is unusual, both couples I think pulled out the stops tonight but for me the couple that had the edge…. Gemma and Aljaž."

Bruno Tonioli agreed, saying: "Well first I want to congratulate you both because you did so well, you improved so much, gave everything you had to this. But I really have to choose the couple that stood out to my eye. I have to choose Gemma and Aljaž."

Speaking after her exit, Mollie made sure to wish all of her fellow Strictly contestants luck in next week's final and thanked everyone for being a part of her journey.

"Firstly congratulations to Gemma and Aljaž because they danced their socks off and totally deserved to be there and congratulations to all the finalists, they're so incredible and good luck, I can't wait to watch you all, so go out there and get it!" she said.

"I have so many thank yous. Thank you to everyone who has voted us through to the semi-finals, it's so far beyond what we ever thought that would happen; I'm so grateful for that. Thank you to all the professionals, you have been so much fun and so encouraging.

"Thank you to the judges, you have just been unbelievable and I will forever remember everything that you said and I will take it on board when I'm dancing at home or wherever I'm dancing. And to Tess, Claudia and Zoe, you have been amazing, you have been so just lovely.

"And above all, AJ, you have been just incredible and you have been my hero for the last couple of months so thank you so much. I couldn't have done any of it without you."

As for AJ, he thanked his dance partner Mollie right back, adding: "I want to say thank you so much for being in training and literally spending all the time working so hard and always willing to try everything and performing every single night as if it's your last."

Mollie's departure means the remaining four couples – Joe and Katya, Alexandra and Gorka, Debbie and Giovanni, and Gemma and Aljaz – will return for next week's Grand Final, where they'll perform three dances each and we'll find out who gets the coveted Glitterball Trophy.

Strictly Come Dancing continues next Saturday (December 16) at 6:30pm on BBC One.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)