Strictly Come Dancing exit for Karen Clifton downplayed by BBC

Strictly Come Dancing exit for Karen Clifton downplayed by BBC

Postby dutchman » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:32 pm

"No decisions have been made about the next series"

The BBC has downplayed rumours that Karen Clifton won't be coming for Strictly Come Dancing next year.

The tabloids have reported that bosses have decided not to ask Karen back following yet more tabloid reports that she is separating from husband Kevin and seeing someone else.

However, a spokesperson for the BBC has said: "This is speculation only and no decisions have been made about the next series."

Meanwhile, Karen herself has downplayed talk of separation too, saying: "We just need to keep pushing. Relationships take work.

"It's not as easy as you think, especially being in a job like Strictly. We're not a superhuman couple, we're normal, so when things happen, we fight."

On this year's series, Karen was partnered with Simon Rimmer and was voted off in week six. Meanwhile, Kevin managed to make it to week ten with comedian Susan Calman.

During the speech that he made when we was voted off, Kevin thanked Karen and said: "When Strictly is on, I'm not the easiest person to live with – I go a bit mad – so I'd like to say first of all, thanks to my wife for putting up with me."

Strictly Come Dancing continues this Saturday (December 9) with its semi-finals at 6.45pm on BBC One. The semi-final results show airs this Sunday (December 10) from 7.15pm, also on BBC One.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)