Davood Ghadami is the tenth celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing

Davood Ghadami is the tenth celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing

Postby dutchman » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:26 pm

He faced Alexandra Burke in the dance-off

Davood Ghadami has become the tenth celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing.

EastEnders' Davood and his professional partner Nadiya Bychkova faced the dance-off in this week's quarter-final results show against Alexandra Burke and her partner Gorka Marquez, who found themselves in the bottom two for the second week running.

Davood and Nadiya were given the chance to save themselves by performing their Phantom of the Opera-inspired Argentine Tango again, while Alexandra and Gorka took to the floor once more with their Charleston to the iconic 'Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious' from Mary Poppins.

As the judges had to decide the couples' fate, all four opted to save Alexandra and Gorka, meaning Davood and Nadiya were eliminated from the competition.

"This couple were out there on a mission and completely and utterly nailed it. That couple is Alexandra and Gorka," Craig Revel Horwood said while making his decision.

"The strongest, more powerful, overall better: Alexandra and Gorka," Bruno Tonioli added.

Davood was all smiles despite his elimination. "There have been so many highlights I've had, honestly the best time. I never thought I'd get this far which is why I'm smiling as I never thought I'd reach this point," he told presenter Tess Daly.

" I never thought I'd get to see and meet such amazing people. We're all mates, every comment I've ever received good and bad, and to dance in front of audiences like this has been a real gift and I've never done anything like this before – so it's been an unforgettable experience."

"I'm going to spend the next couple of weeks at home dancing with my two beautiful girls who are now huge fans of the show.

It's all because of one person and I also need to thank so many people, my beautiful family, my wife who's been running Team Ghadami whilst we've been doing this, but this is Nadiya's first year on this show and I think she's done incredibly well," he added. "She's done brilliant choreography, she's a brilliant dancer and she's a great teacher and now she's a really good friend and I'm so privileged to have met her."

"I'm such a lucky girl to have you as my partner and it's such a privilege to have been part of your journey because I think it's been incredible," Nadiya said. "The way you've improved and come so far, thank you for everything."

The remaining five couples will return next week for the semi-finals.

Strictly Come Dancing returns next Saturday (December 9) on BBC One.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)