Len Goodman gives Strictly Come Dancing's Alexandra Burke a 10 from Len

Len Goodman gives Strictly Come Dancing's Alexandra Burke a 10 from Len

Postby dutchman » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:20 am

You can take the head judge out of the ballroom...

When you combine a former Strictly Come Dancing judge with a former Strictly contestantcontestant on Sunday morning television, you know the talk is going to turn to Strictly.

Which is exactly what happened on Sunday Brunch today (December 3), when hosts Tim Lovejoy and Simon Rimmer welcomed on former head judge Len Goodman as a guest.

It wasn't long before the pair were chatting about last night's dances, and Alexandra Burke has officially become the first person this series to received a coveted "10 from Len" – which is impressive when he's not actually on the show anymore.

After joking about Len being in LA doing Dancing with the Stars for most of the series so far, Tim joked that he watched the show for him and he enjoyed Alexandra's dance in particular last night.

"The Charleston, Len, is not so much about the steps as it's about the facial expression," new-expert Simon said.

"Well, it's about the performance really!" Len cut in, before giving his opinion on Alexandra's dance last night. "She has a wonderful Charleston action, I must say."

After referring to their on-show expert Simon, who gave the dance a "solid 9" for her facial expressions and "exaggerated arm movements", Tim then asked Len what he thought of the performance, and he wasn't short of nice things to say.

"I think she was brilliant, honestly," he said. "And she would have definitely got a 10 from Len."

High praise indeed, but even more brilliant is Len admitting he still disagrees with Craig Revel Horwood as much as ever.

"The one thing I miss about Strictly is not being able to look along at Craig and mouth 'A 9?! What are you..?!'

During the chat, Len also joked about how it was probably a good thing he hadn't caught any of Simon's own dances during the competition this series.

"Unfortunately," he began when Tim asked what he thought of Simon before stopping himself. "Or fortunately... No, I was still in America."

Oh, Len. Never change.

Strictly Come Dancing continues tonight (December 3) with its results show, while Sunday Brunch airs on Channel 4 next week.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)