Susan Calman becomes the ninth celebrity to depart Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Susan Calman becomes the ninth celebrity to depart Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Postby dutchman » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:24 pm

"I have loved every minute of it."

Susan Calman has become the ninth celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing.

Alongside her partner Kevin Clifton, Susan faced off against Alexandra Burke and her partner Gorka Marquez in this week's dance-off.

Susan and Kevin once again performed their American Smooth to 'Beyond the Sea' by Bobby Darin in a bid to impress the judges and remain in the competition.

However, after both couples had danced a second time, the judges delivered their verdict to unanimously save Alexandra, meaning Susan would go home.

"I have loved every minute of it," Susan said after her exit.

"Everyone from wardrobe, make-up, the runners, you and lovely Claudia, Zoe on It Takes Two, the beautiful judges who have brought such light into my life every single week, everyone involved in the show, the audience, everyone who voted for us, we got far further than we thought we would.

"To my friends and my family and my lovely wife who's here every single week supporting me. Most of all, I've made a friend for life and Kevin may not have won the Glitterball this year but he's won Strictly for me."

"I'd like to say thank you to Strictly Come Dancing and echoing everything that Susan said about everyone on it because I think in a world where not everything going on at the moment is always nice, Strictly is the one thing that brings a lot of joy and happiness into the world through the wonderful thing that is dance," Kevin added.

"And I think Susan, you've been the absolute epitome of joy and happiness throughout this whole competition which in my eyes makes you a beautiful dancer. So thank you for dancing with me and thanks for being my friend."

Being eliminated won't have come as a massive surprise to Susan or Kevin, as they recently opened up about the odds on them making it much further in the competition.

The remaining six couples will return next week for Musicals Week.

Strictly Come Dancing returns next Saturday (December 2) on BBC One.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)